Saturday, July 13, 2013
My non-interesting life and my lack of doing anything important
So, I was reading Hyperbole and a Half today... it's interesting to note that after a year and a half hiatus, Allie is back posting on her website.
While I was going through her site pages, I noticed that she has a link to a book that she's going to have published later on this year on Amazon.com. Hmmm... her site is really entertaining and all, but all she really writes about is her crazy life. I'm not knocking her or anything, her site is funny... but then I started thinking to myself...
COULDN'T YOU WRITE A BLOG ABOUT THE SAME DAMN THING?!?!?!? YOU DO HAVE A MASTER'S DEGREE IN WRITING, DAMMIT!
You think that this would be what I would be doing in my spare time. But NOOOOO. I do nothing all day.
Infact, here's a list of things I have done thus far on this Saturday morning/afternoon:
Fed Sam
Brushed my teeth
Watched coverage of the George Zimmerman trial
Played Goldeneye (on the Wii)
Sat on the couch
Cooked breakfast while watching You Tube
Tweeted on Twitter
Searched for new Benedict Cumberbatch news (yeah, I know... sad)
Searched for tickets to the US Open in August (tennis)
Surfed the net (for 3 hours and counting now)
Made popcorn shrimp
Yeah. I have a lot of time on my hands. You think that with all of the time on my hands between my down time and my job, I would have written SEVENTEEN novels or something.
Seriously. SEVENTEEN NOVELS. Or something like that.
I don't know what it's going to take to get me in front of a computer again and write a story that isn't under 10 pages long. That seems to be my cutoff, for some reason. I've never seen myself as a novelist anyway. But that really doesn't matter...
I keep thinking that if Allie Brosh and all of the other bloggers out there can write in their spare time and make some money off of it, I can too. I could at least try.
Honestly and truly, I don't know if I have anything interesting to write about, as far as my life is concerned. I mean, it's not like I haven't been anywhere or done anything... but I don't know. I don't know if I have the juice or whatever to really turn my experiences into anything interesting.
Hmmm... I bet if I was offered a book deal, I could figure something out though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment