Yeah, this is how I feel right about now.
Life (and people) tend to do this to us every now again. It sucks. Hard. I'm currently reeling over being slapped in the face earlier today. If I could explain the slapping in question on this blog, I would, but since my livelihood could take a beating, I'll just speak in generalities.
Getting slapped in the face can take a person in two directions - you can let your anger and frustration grow, give the middle finger to the perpetrators/life and go out with a bang, or you can suck it up, push your anger aside, and move positively forward from the crazy.
If only I could act on the former rather than the latter. I'd be like Scarface from Half Baked and do one of these numbers:
Ahhhh. That would be satisfying.
Oh well. All I can do is suck it up and move forward. It'll be hard (and there won't be a bone in my body that won't want to scream obscenities at the perpetrators/life), but I guess I can do it. I have goals I would like to achieve in the future, and perhaps this setback could give me the push that I need to get myself together and start reaching for them. I want to be a full time freelance writer/editor and novelist; I would love to get married and have children; I would like to be thinner and muscular, like I was in my 20's. I can achieve all of those, I think.
I'm still upset by the events of the day. I took some solace in reading a few websites about people who got screwed too (albeit their situations are different than mine), and I realized that I'm not the only one these things happen to, and there could be a light at the end of the tunnel. If you are having a bad day or just want something to read if you are feeling similarly screwed, click here and here.



No comments:
Post a Comment