Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Where have you been?


Still secretly wishing that I lived in a lighthouse... but I digress.

I haven't blogged in awhile. I really didn't get around to it and feel like it because the month of September was a bit stressful for me. I moved, I stressed over moving, and I stressed because I didn't have any money to decorate my new apt. And I was stressed, period, trying to acclimate to a new environment, which I love, but takes some getting used to.

I'm not used to walking a mile to getting to the parking deck from my apartment and then going down a small spiral maze to get out of my apartment building. As much I like being able to park in the parking deck, I don't like driving up and down it every day. I have to add an extra 5 to 10 minutes on my commute just to accomodate that small trip.

On to the good stuff... it's quiet in my apartment! I don't have crazy neighbors, and the only noise I hear is street noise, which is pretty minimal. Just cars going up and down the street. It's nice. I haven't had this much quiet since 2006. I'm happy.

Sam acclimated to the new place with no problems. I'm happy about that. I was also stressed because I bought her all new cat furniture. And a new litter box. I still have to buy her a cat bed. But she can use the couch for now for nap time.

So I'm slowly getting my groove back. I like living in Fairfax Corner; I like walking to Pinkberry and Caribou Coffee and I like stumbling home from the bar. Ha ha... I don't go to the bar that often though. I don't need to be wasted all of the time.

Although it's tempting...

No comments: