Sunday, October 27, 2013

Secret societies and keeping the TV off



Today I tried to focus on keeping the TV off. I did a pretty good job of it after, oh, say after about, 3pm. Ha ha ha.

TV rots your brain. It also reminds you about how messed up society is too, lol.

I watched a two hour special today called "Secret Societies in Hollywood" on the E! channel. Just when you think that debauchery in Hollywood is bad enough, a TV special on E! reminds you of how beyond bad it REALLY is.

The show touched on subjects such as secret sex societies, plastic surgery, breaking the law and getting away with it and how Hollywood has infiltrated politics. It was a heavy show. I read a lot of gossip blogs and I like to think that I know a lot about the crazy that goes on in La La Land, but there were a few things I didn't know.

Did you know that if you are A-list that you can have a private jet fly you to wherever you want to go and have a limousine full of all kinds of booze and drugs waiting for you on the tarmac to pick you up after your flight??? Wow. Now that's service.

Or did you know that you can have a table full of coke and pills lined up for you at a VIP table at your favorite club for whenever you show up? Double wow.

And, there are VIP gyms. You can make an appointment with a personal trainer in a private paparazzi proofed area and work out with them. And there are two levels of VIP tables in a restaurant. Ones for people who want to be seen (probably B-C list celebs, who could use the publicity), and ones for who don't want to be seen (probably for A listers, like Brad and Angelina, who probably don't need the publicity).

Triple wow. There were other things in the special too, like secret sex clubs, secret religions, secret rehab stays and secret cults like the infamous "Illuminati" as well. Lots of stuff goes on out in H-town. This special was unreal.

Interestingly enough, what I realized after watching this show is that you don't need money and fame to do all of the debaucherous things that stars in Hollywood do - I know people who do that stuff now, and they aren't rich or famous at all. The fact of the matter is that people do that stuff in real life, whether they have money or not. Human behavior, whether rich or poor, is pretty much the same everywhere you go. Some people like drugs, like to sleep around, and like to indulge in to crazy stuff everywhere on the planet.

I guess what's hard to think about all of this is that some of your favorite celebrities might be engaging in this behavior. It's kind of downer to think that some of your fave stars are indulging in these kinds of things (mainly the sex and the drugs... I can live with someone going to a private gym to workout). Granted, no one should be put on a pedestal - none of us are saints, and we all have our "extracurricular activities". But even so, I can't even possibly imagine some of my favorite people doing all of this stuff.

I just felt like blogging about this topic because I found the special on E! pretty fascinating. Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I had access to money and fame and I could get away with doing these things (apparently, b/c stars have so much power, the studios and whomever just cater to their needs and allow them to get away with whatever and behave like whomever they want... kind of scary). I can't imagine leading that kind of lifestyle, b/c all of that stuff catches up with you... your health may suffer, your career might suffer, etc. The reality of that is far more scary than actually doing that stuff, in my opinion.

Sometimes I get bored with my life, but I'd rather be living a drug free/crazy sex free/have all of my ducks in a row kind of life than to be high all day and participating in destructive behaviors such as drinking and drugs. Don't you agree?

No comments: