Thursday, November 15, 2012

Is this ever going to get better?


Man... I really do hope that Obama gets this economy rolling... because I'm ready to get my writing career started. ASAP (or I should say, a PAID writing career started).

Due to not being able to secure a paying job as any kind of writer, I decided to break down and get a volunteer job. Let me just say for the record - not getting paid to do work sucks. Period.

But the bright side is that I will gain some writing experience, and hopefully I'll learn something valuable. I thought that maybe I wasn't getting a job because I wasn't writing my resume correctly, or that my cover letter wasn't good enough, or because I just had an insane amount of bad luck... honestly, it's because I have no significant work-related writing experience. So, in order to get it, I had to find a part time job. And unfortunately I had to find one that didn't pay.

This economy on some level has practically eradicated all of the entry level jobs, which is why I'm hoping that the economy gets itself together soon. It's really hard on the recent college undergraduates, especially since they are the ones who need the entry level jobs the most. And also, it's hard on us that are looking to change careers. Oh, the pain.

So, with all of that said, I'm hoping that this volunteer job leads to something good down the road. I'm really hoping that by just putting it on my resume that it will help it get a second look. Fingers crossed!

No comments: