I'd say in the last week or two I've been going through a few changes. Personality changes mostly. After the fiasco of the intern at work and then having a co-worker backstab me by leaking info that I told them in private, I've decided to be a little less talkative and a little more productive. So far, I think that it has been working.
I realize that it's not like I'm changing who I am, but just creating a more toned down version of myself at work. I'm learning that as much as I want to have my way and have others bend to my will at work, that when it's all said and done, I need my job more than my job needs me. It's not like I have that much power and control over the way things go at my job. I'm at the bottom of the food chain. I just have to be compliant and work hard to continue having the funds to put a roof over my head and to buy a bunch of Coach purses that I don't need (lol), regardless of what situations occur. That's more important that having my way.
Don't worry - I'll still be crazy and loud outside of work. I'm not going to change that much!


1 comment:
I'm struggling with how to comment here because I'm very much an advocate for people being true to themselves. I think you nailed it though. It's not about changing who you are but about maybe just adding a new layer. Maybe it's also growing a little?
Post a Comment