Yes, it's true. I am ending my non-meat sabbatical early (as of today). Not because I truly want to, but because it's too frustrating at this point in time in my life to give it up. I can't do this and school at the same time right now. Plus, every time I think about getting something to eat that doesn't involve meat, I start getting frustrated and angry. The last thing I need to be right now is angry, especially with all of the final projects that I have to do. I need a clear head right now, and this meat thing is on my mind ALL of the time. It was time to let it go.
Not to mention, my mom wants to spend Thanksgiving at a frickin' steakhouse. It would have been absolute TORTURE to sit there and watch her and my sister eat filet mignon while I ate tufts of lettuce all night long. Rrrrr.
Well, at least I tried. I think that what came out of this is that I'll try and eat more veggies and less meat in my diet, especially red meat, since I probably ate that too much of the time. I think I was eating red meat 3 times a day! Oh well. I'll just have to cut back. It'll be better for me in the long run.
I can't wait to have some steak on Thursday... I'm drooling already!


1 comment:
Just don't tell anyone when you're giving something up and then no one has to know it didn't work.
Post a Comment