Friday, March 25, 2011

Heels

Today is the first time in probably a few years that I am wearing a pair of heels to work. Why did I wait so long? Well, I hate to blame it on the hormones, but before I started taking Maca root, my feet were constantly swollen. I couldn't really squeeze my foot into a heel, and if I did, I could only bear to wear them for a total of 20 minutes. But now - I can wear them for longer periods of time. And so far today, I've surpassed the 20 minute mark and my feet feel fine.

Now granted, I'll be doing a lot of sitting today, so it's not going to be too grueling of a day waltzing around in these bad boys. I got these Madden girl shoes at DSW for $40. Normally, I wouldn't buy Steve Madden shoes because they are a little too young for my mature taste now (lol) and b/c Madden shoes take a LONG time to break in, but I took one look at these shoes and had to have them. They're so cute!

So now that my feet are back to their non-swollen status, I'll be looking to wear more heels in the future. The only thing that sucks is that the height of most heels now has increased to 4 inches! Dude, I'm already tall! I don't need to be taller. In 4 inch heels, I'm 6 foot 1. I feel like a beanstalk. Rrrrr.

Oh well. At least I can reach the hard to reach stuff on the shelves in the grocery store :)

No comments: