Ahhh... good ol' change. Why is it so hard?
At this point in time in my life, I need to go through some serious changes lifestyle wise. Coming to this conclusion has been 5 1/2 years coming, but at least I'm finally here. Part of me wonders why I couldn't have realized this in January of 2006, when this would have truly benefited me the most, but then again I was young. I only cared about partying, getting drunk and hanging out with friends. My health didn't seem to matter too much then.
But it matters now. Getting my health and well being back have now become (next to finishing grad school) the most important thing in my life. The road that I have to travel will not be easy, but I'm going to bet that at the end, I'm going to be grateful for going down it.
Dietary and lifestyle changes blow, let me tell you. I've never had a problem with exercise, but I've always enjoyed being able to order whatever I want off of the menu at any restaurant that I go to. Now, I have to be good. I have to order a salad or some fish and veggies and not that cheese filled, goopy pasta I've always eaten. Or order some grilled chicken and not teriyaki chicken. Ugh. Teriyaki chicken is the bomb! So sad.
Well, as long as I'm better off in the long run, that's all that matters. Perhaps all three of my blog readers and I can exchange healthy recipes? That would really be cool.


No comments:
Post a Comment