Thursday, January 12, 2012
Friendship + Drama = Me Me Me
There's nothing more wonderful on this earth than a good friendship, or hanging out with someone you like a lot. Good friends are hard to find. That's something everyone should know. And when you find a good friend, you should hold on to them (almost like a loved one) and never let go.
So, it would make sense that when a good friendship ends, a person would be truly upset, right?
Yes. Even if their anger and frustration lasts for longer than most think it should.
Sometimes it's hard to explain how you feel to people and why you are upset to others because people judge (not all judgement is bad, but sometimes it can get annoying). Not only that, but they always give you some ridiculous answer on why you shouldn't be upset about what happened. "Oh, it happened ages ago" or "You're still angry about that?!?!" as if they have never ended a friendship with a person they really liked. Sometimes I think that most of the people I know are secretly robots, telling you to be more like them when it comes to these matters.
But it's not the fact that they are robots - it's the fact that the situation didn't happen to them. So they don't understand. And sometimes, they don't care (and that hurts too).
For the record, I am a Virgo. Virgos are insanely loyal, courteous and giving people. Especially with their hearts. We come off cold-hearted sometimes (mostly to protect ourselves), but deep down inside, we are very emotional beings who are strongly committed to every friendship/relationship that we are in. So if (and when) I fly off the handle about ANY relationship that I have had with anyone that has come to an end, it's because I truly care.
Perhaps most don't value their friends as much as I do. And that's sad. Make no mistake that when a person crosses me, I never forget it. And I never forget it because I cared so much in the first place (especially if I know you really well). But I'm always willing to work things out, regardless of how bad the situation has gotten (unless you tried to kill my mom, of course). Sometimes I need for others to make the first move because I'm a bit stubborn, but when I'm wrong, I always apologize. It's the best thing to do. And the right thing to do.
But if someone owes me an apology, I will hold out until I get it. I do have some pride and self-respect.
It hurts that a person I cared about didn't care about me as much I thought they did, and had no problem ending what I thought was a good friendship. I don't know if that makes me stupid, gullible or what. Yeah, you end up in a better place about it over time, but that doesn't mean it doesn't still hurt. And it doesn't mean that when your friends (who've known you longer) still hang out with that person (and you have to read about it on Twitter) that it still doesn't hurt then.
I don't know. I think I'm rambling here. But you get the idea. I care, people. That's why I get so upset. If I didn't care, you would get no reaction from me. And everyone knows, I'm the loudest, craziest, most reactive person on Planet Earth. So I care about a lot of stuff.
And I'm off my soapbox until next time...
Labels:
On my soapbox
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment