Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 - Glad you are almost over


Ahhhh, finally. 2011 is almost over. It has been a roller coaster of a year for me, emotionally at least. I started off in a good place, took a turn for the worst over the summer, but by the end of the year, I got it back together. Phew! Didn't know if I was going to make it at one point in time, but I did.

I guess the thing I learned from all of my emotional ups and downs this year is that in life, s#&$ happens. I mean, really - it just happens. And it's what we do with our lives after the crappy stuff happens that defines us and directs the course of the rest of our lives. I never in a million years thought that I would travel down the path that I did this year, but I did. And I got through it. And I'm still here. No more sulking. It's time to pick up the pieces and move on.

Oh boy. Easier said than done. But I can do it. Lots of other people have had far worse crappier things happen to them, and they are still here, thriving nonetheless. So I should be able to thrive too, right? I hope so.

I'm hoping that 2012 is a good year for me. Deep down inside, I have a feeling it will be. Especially if I can finish school without keeling over from the stress of my capstone project! AAAAGGGHH!

Ha ha. I'll be fine. Happy New Year.

No comments: