Monday, July 30, 2012

Ode to Espresso


Oh espresso - how I miss thee.

It's officially been a month since I had my last latte. I gave up coffee and espresso for health reasons. Coffee was interferring with my ability to stay hormonally balanced, so I said "Adieu."

Oh, the pain.

A coffee and espresso free life isn't too bad. I just have to think of new things to drink when I get thirsty, that's all. The first week trying to do this was challenging, but I fought my way through it. I've been doing pretty good since then. Today is the first day that I've had a craving in a few weeks.

I plan on definitely going at least 5 more months without my ex-favorite drink, and then we'll see where we are in the new year.

So far in my lifetime, I've ditched an addiction to smoking and now have bailed on my beloved espresso. Currently wondering what's next.

I hope that it isn't food.

No comments: