Tuesday, December 10, 2013
London, here I come
Yes folks... next year, on my 36th birthday (September 1st), I will be spending my time in the lovely place pictured above... London, England.
So, something very interesting happened to me on Monday morning... I arrived at work to find out that at my company X-mas party that previous Saturday night (I didn't go... I was too busy not wanting to buy a dress that I could never wear again), I had won the grand prize of the night (my company gives away gift certificates and prizes every year)! I won a $2K travel voucher to visit anyplace I wanted to in the world.
I KNOW!
I've never won anything in my life. Well, I did receive a few trophies growing up for my band and sports accomplishments, but I've never won anything like this.
I KNOW! LOL.
Anyhoo, my friends Dawn and Andy and I had been planning a trip to London for awhile... and now I have the funds to go! I'm so excited! We are going to spend 2 glorious weeks in Manchester (where Andy is from), London, Paris, and possibly Louin, France (Andy's parents have a summer home there).
I KNOW!
I can't believe it. I'm beyond excited.
I definitely have to see this London Eye. It's so pretty. And I'll be taking a lot of pictures. And I'll be eating some croissants, speaking French, and taking in all that is Paris.
The best part about this is that I get to visit the place that my novel is set in... it all takes place in London, with a few scenes scattered around Paris as well. I'm trying to decide if I want my characters to visit Moscow as well, but I don't know if I'm going to have the time to send them over there. We'll see.
And the other kicker in this situation... Cumberbatch is going to be on stage as Hamlet in London around the same time I'm visiting.
I KNOW!
This is all like a dream come true. 2013 has been the craziest year. It started off soooo crappy, and now it's ending on an unbelievable high note. I'm truly overwhelmed.
Next year is going to be a busy travel year for me... I'm going to NYC in January, ATL in May, then Seattle in July, and then London and Paris in September. WOW.
All I have to do now is get my passport... and then I'm off! Whoo-hoo!
Labels:
Awesomeness,
Europe and all its fabulousness,
WTF
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment