Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Happy Birthday to me!
So, today is my 32nd birthday. And it was hot as HELL outside! I did get out early enough in the day to avoid the hottest portion of the day (usually after 1 or 2pm), but I still got a little bit of that heat as I was out shopping today at the Leesburg Corner Outlet Mall. A little gelato and a bottle of water helped a little, but it wasn't enough to slow down the insane amount of sweat that overtook me by the time I left. So hot. Oh well. Maybe I lost a few pounds as a result. Ha ha.
I'm currently enjoying hanging around my apartment not doing anything all day other than watching movies. I watched "White Men Can't Jump" this afternoon. I remember really liking that movie as a teenager in 1992, but now it just seems kind of corny. It's weird to watch movies that you've seen before as a teen and then watch them again as an adult. So many of the jokes went over my head then, but I got all of them now. Weird.
Anyhoo, today has been a good day. Just hungry now (mmmm.... dinner). Birthdays seemed to be more important to me under the age of 30 then they do now. It just seems like another day to me. Not that I don't enjoy the day of my birth being celebrated, but getting older just seems like less of a big deal. I don't know (I'm rambling here...), I enjoy getting older, wiser and smarter, but perhaps it's a thing where the celebration is not truly required. I don't need a b-day cake or a whole bunch of gifts. People wishing me a happy b-day seems to be enough now, unlike years ago when a big gift mattered. I'm glad that material things don't matter anymore. I'm glad that it's just that someone that's kind enough to send me a message on my b-day that matters. I have such wonderful friends! *sniff sniff*
Yay! I've matured! LOL.
Not all the way though. I still watch cartoons occasionally :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
It's Ravena's fault it's so hot.
Post a Comment